Friday, February 22, 2013

Interview With Guillermo Rigondeaux pre-Donaire Fight


I waited until the end of Rigondeaux and Donaire's press conference to approach him with a couple questions. Before I had a chance to ask them Rigondeaux caught me in the corner of his eye approaching and ambushed me with a hug. "How long have you been following me now?!"

So I asked him, "At your lowest point back in Cuba did you ever think you'd really get here today, with this opportunity, to have a chance at your dream?"

I won't even try to describe the smile he offered. His reply was this, "You better be here April 13th."

What a day to see after first meeting him 6 years ago, at the worst point in his life back in Havana.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is in Vegas? Can you get tix?

Unknown said...

This is in Vegas? Can you get tix?

Gopal said...

I just read about your Rigondeaux film courtesy of Dougie's Monday Mailbag at ringtv.com.

I hope you do a screening in San Francisco when it is completed.

Personally, I'm picking Donaire in the fight, however.

Unknown said...

The fight is at Radio City Music Hall April 13th.

I understand tickets are available starting tomorrow.

Donaire certainly is the favorite in the fight. He's a tremendous challenge for Rigo.